- Open Notepad. Type in 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'.
- Hit Ctrl+Home
- Open the Find dialog under the Edit menu. DO NOT dismiss this dialog.
- Keeping the find dialog open, Click 'Open...' under the File menu.
- Click 'No' when it prompts with 'Do you want to save changes?'.
- Now click on the Find dialog and then the 'Find Next' button.
Now is this a bug? Atleast, is this 'expected' behaviour?
This is NOT a Notepad specific thing. This happens to any set of windows when you open one modeless dialog and one modal dialog having a common owner. You CAN access the modeless dialog even when the modal dialog is running.